Shawn K. Dodds
at dodds1 dot com
A position developing or managing the development of internetworking tools, dynamic Web sites and Web-based applications.
Operating Systems: Windows NT/2000, Windows 9x, XP, Solaris, AIX, Linux
Web Server Setup and Configuration: Apache, IIS, Netscape Enterprise/iPlanet
Databases: Informix, Oracle, MS Access
Tools: Adobe Photoshop, Visio, Frontpage, Dreamweaver, Flash, Coldfusion Studio, XML Spy, CorelDraw
Principal Software Engineer and Team Lead - SW Tools and Release Engineering
Co-designed and implemented cross-platform build engine in Perl for Windows, Mac OSX, Linux and FreeBSD.
Co-designed and implemented 3-tier build management system with web front end, SQL Server back-end, asset-aware build assignment server.
Created code generator which creates stored procedures for all tables, and API wrappers in C# and Perl
To be continued...
Contractor Genuity, Inc.
· Coordinated and managed major move of MIS applications and databases from individual systems to load-balanced fault tolerant architectures, resulting in 25% reduction in transaction time and perceived 100% uptime for database.
· Developed Empirix E-Test scripts for regression testing and performance analysis of web application, and developed other performance analysis tools to find bottlenecks and reduce or eliminate them.
· Reduced downtime required for application maintenance by 90% and also improved the stability of the application by creating an innovative ColdFusion/Unix shared-memory data cache using C/C++.
· Developed SOAP/XML interface using Perl Soap::lite to aid in inter-departmental process data flow.
· Evaluated Coldfusion, JSP, ASP and PHP to recommend an application server technology for legacy application migration.
· Developed a set of Perl programs using Expect to automate real-time replication of production Informix database to a remote contingency database.
· Assisted in Informix database administration, and initiated tool development for Informix 7-to-Oracle 8 migration to save company $100,000/yr.
· Developed numerous Perl programs to analyze usage and improve integrity of customer provisioning management system as well as performing activities to insure Y2K forward compliance on the system.
· Developed configuration management and deployment system in Perl/DBI and RCS to build releases, maintain source code, control procedures and install/uninstall items, using Informix as the configuration repository.
Consultant ITT Sheraton
· Designed and implemented distributed multi-platform system in Perl and 'C' to manage, download and purge reservation files at international hotels using private WAN, thereby reducing remote storage needs and remote system upgrade costs.
Consultant JFK Hospital, Edison, NJ
· Designed and implemented Web-based internet and intranet policy and procedure document server using IIS and ASP.
· Designed and implemented a high-volume process to convert a health system's policy and procedure documents into HTML for Windows NT based intranet server. Created a Microsoft Access/VB based triggering system to notify departments when specific documents are due for review.
1996-2002, Vikor, Inc., Lowell, MA
(Note: This occurred in parallel with being a full-time offsite contractor.)
· Managed equipment specifications and purchase, PC building and maintenance.
· Managed all network/system administration and problem analysis.
· Installed and managed firewall appliance and anti-virus central server and managed licensing compliance.
· Managed the creation of an integrated local/remote office networked infrastructure (email, fileserver, network management) based on Microsoft NT 4.0 networking and office products, as well as managing connection to internet.
· Created content/graphics and managed the corporate web servers for Mehta Corporation and Vikor, Inc.
Computer Engineer - Zenith Data Systems Server Division
· Developed and maintained intranet documentation server in CGI/Perl.
· Created and executed system certification procedures and benchmarks.
Computer Engineer - UNIX Technical Support Group
· Guided Bull's international Internet presence as a member of the Groupe Bull Internet Editorial Board.
· Designed and implemented Bull's first web server, a multi-organization server for support of field and resellers, with problem search and fix download features. (CGI/Perl/C)
· Developed a multi-protocol network-based worldwide delivery system for fixes.
· Designed, developed and delivered OSI stack and product training to Bull international field support organizations and IBM Networking Systems Lab, as part of a multi-organizational multi-national team.
· Certified and maintained AIX performance measurement analysis tool written in Visual Basic.
Software Engineer - Interoperability Certification Group
· Designed and developed a certification strategy and initiated the design of automated interoperability and regression tests.
· Created software repository management database, forms and reports using Informix.
· Streamlined the departmental appropriation and purchase process.
Senior Software Engineer Wang - OS/Communications QA Group
· Ported networking test tools to multiple Unix platforms.
· Accelerated test schedule for TCP/IP and OSI stack by developing test tools.
· Decreased test tool development time through analysis and tool development.
· Created tools to automate OS patch creation and application.
Principal Software Engineer VideoTel - Networking Group
· Improved network efficiency and speed 25% through firmware changes and enhanced networking drivers
· Improved field installation time and reliability by writing diagnostic and analysis tools.
Senior Applications Engineer GenRad - Support Group
· Performed technical presentations at Users Groups on advanced use of the system.
· Provided technical support to customers in the use of operating system and utilities.
· Developed simulation/analysis tools to aid in feasibility studies.
· Developed customized source control system.
· Automated test program generation by writing CASE tools.